The Saudi government is reported to be extremely furious at the airing of a three-part investigation by the BBC into the House of Saud. In the first part broadcast last week links were made between the Saudis and international terrorism. The programme said in the past 40 years, the Saudis spent 90 billion dollars on their international networks of groups, religious institutions and Islamic bodies. Last night, the second part was broadcast. It highlighted the extent of corruption and bribery in the arms deals between UK and Saudi Arabia, starting with the Al Yamamah deal in 1985. It cost £43 billion and involved bribes at highest levels. BAe systems is said to have participated in these practices. The programme questioned the claims by the present crown prince, Mohammad Bin Salman (MBS) to be fighting corruption. It cited his own practices including the purchase of £452 million yacht, a French home for more than $300 million and the purchase of Leonardo da Vinci’s Salvator Mundi (Saviour of the World) painting for $400 million
The forthcoming government alliance in Germany has taken a decision to stop arms supplies to Saudi Arabia. On Friday 12th January the negotiators of the Christian Alliance and the Socialist Democratic Party unanimously agreed on an initial parliamentary deal with regards to arms exports. It said: “The coming German Government will immediately impose a ban on arms exports to countries that take part in the Yemen War”.
On Monday 15th January, Saudi forces assassinated an innocent citizen at Al Awwamiya Town. Abdullah Mirza Al Qallaf was sprayed with bullets while driving his car in one of the roads of the town. The criminal forces had raided the town in early morning in preparation for the second anniversary of the killing of Sheikh Nimr Al Nimr by Saudi executioners. Before the identity of the victim was known, the regime propaganda machine claimed that the victim was a wanted man called Munir Al Qudaihi. It is clear that they killed an innocent man.
Bahrain’s dictator has re-affirmed the two year jail sentence he had ordered on Nabeel Rajab, the president of the Bahrain Centre for Human Rights. Mr Rajab is being persecuted for speaking out in defence of the thousands of native Bahraini victims of Alkhalifa repression. He criticised the appalling human rights situation and questioned the regime’s propaganda that justifies its reign of terror. The earlier sentence had been imposed last July. Mr Rajab is awaiting another trumpeted up charge of questioning the legitimacy of the Saudi-led aggression on Yemen. He faces up to ten years imprisonment for that “crime”.
The appalling medical care of thousands of native Bahraini prisoners of conscience is getting worse. The senior figures of the opposition, like Hassan Mushaima and Abdul Wahab Hussain, have been denied medication and consultation to the extent that they have run out of the tablets to treat their diabetes. Their sugar level has risen to dangerous levels and the possibility of strokes or heart attacks has risen sharply. Another inmate, Ayyoub Adel, detained for his peaceful anti-regime protests is another victim denied proper medical care. Despite asking for treatment for his feet, apparently injured by police, both his legs are chained most of the time, causing him more pain. He had several operations in his feet, yet regime’s heartless torturers have continued to subject him to shackling. He has not been taken to a hospital for more than one year. Female prisoner, Fawziya MashaAllah, the eldest among women prisoners of conscience, is suffering from several ailments compounded by long hours of interrogation in secret rooms. She is accused of giving refuge to native Bahraini victims pursued by regime’s Death Squads
Alkhalifa dictator has postponed his final decision to kill a Bahraini native falsely accused of killing a Pakistani mercenary few years ago. Maher Al Khabbaz was tortured beyond belief to extract false “confession” of a role in the killing, which he had repeatedly denied at earlier trials.
In one of the most bizarre incidents of lies, fabrications and misinformation, Amnesty International (AI) has written to the Bahraini embassy in London to the UK to raise its concerns about the statements published in its annual report and to request that they should be corrected or clarified.” AI said: “The statements are a serious misrepresentation of the outcome of a meeting held between representatives of Amnesty International and the Bahraini embassy in the United Kingdom on 2 November 2017. In addition to specific human rights concerns, including some of those documented in Amnesty International’s report of September 2017, ‘No one can protect you’: Bahrain’s year of crushing dissent, the meeting discussed ways to improve communication between Amnesty International and the Bahraini authorities.”
Bahrain Freedom Movement