Amnesty International (AI) has called for immediate halt of arms supplies to Saudi Arabia which has been waging aggressive war on Yemen for two years. In a statement on 23rd March to mark two years of Saudi aggression titled: “Yemen: Multibillion-dollar arms sales by USA and UK reveal shameful contradiction with aid efforts” AI said: “The USA and UK are fuelling serious violations that have caused devastating civilian suffering through multibillion-dollar arms transfers to Saudi Arabia that vastly overshadow their humanitarian efforts, said Amnesty International”. It accused all parties of war crimes: “From the indiscriminate shelling of civilian areas and recruitment of child soldiers by the Huthi armed group to unlawful airstrikes and repeated use of internationally banned cluster munitions by the Saudi Arabia-led coalition, all parties to the conflict in Yemen have displayed a wanton disregard for the lives of civilians and committed serious violations of international humanitarian law,” said Lynn Maalouf, Deputy Director for Research at Amnesty International’s Beirut Regional office. She called for independent investigations of war crimes: “The long list of appalling abuses by all parties to the conflict underscores how crucial it is for an independent, international investigation, led by the UN to investigate alleged violations by all parties to the conflict to ensure that those who have committed these reprehensible crimes are brought to justice.”
Emboldened by the deafening silence of the international community the Saudis have continued their killing spree in the Eastern Province. Yesterday (28th March), two young citizens were mowed down by regime’s forces in the Eastern Province. Mohmammad Taher Al Nimr and Miqdad Mohammad Al Nimr, cousins of Martyr Sheikh Nimr Al Nimr were killed by Saudi forces who attacked a social gathering of the family at Al Awwamiyah Town in the Eastern Province. At least five others were injured seriously. They include: Jaffar Al Faraj, Ahmad Abu Abdullah and Safi Al Qaroos. Last week under-aged Walid Al Urayyed was martyred in a similar attack. On 9th March Mustafa Al Madad was martyred by Saudi forces who attacked Al Shuwaika district of the town. Mohammad Al Nimr was hit with live bullet that killed him instantly. The Saudis have continued killing citizens either through beheading or other forms of executions in a systematic way despite the calls by human rights bodies to halt these killings.
Meanwhile in Bahrain another martyr has joined the caravan of heroes killed by Alkhalifa tribal regime. Mustafa Hamdan died on Friday 24th March after a coma that lasted two months. On 26th January he was shot by police in his head and immediately lost consciousness. On that day masked members of Alkhalifa Death Squads raided Duraz Town and sprayed the people with shotguns and live bullets. Mustafa Hamdan received a direct hit in the brain. His funeral was attacked by regime’s forces who used chemical and tear gases as well as shotguns.
In the week 20-26th March the Bahrain Centre for Human Rights documented at least 23 arbitrary arrests, including six children. There were 68 anti-regime marches in 32 villages. At least 12 of them were mercilessly attacked by Alkhalifa killers. Twenty one people were sentenced to a total of 251 years in prison. Three were given death sentences. In addition to losing one of his eyes after being shot by regime’s forces, Mohammad Abu Sa’ada has been severely tortured by his jailers in the past few days.
Today, regime’s court issued execution verdict on two natives: Mohammad Ibrahim Tawq and Mohammad Radhi Abdulla. The sentences were based on trumpeted charges. The regime also issued a ten year prison verdict on former MP, Sheikh Hassan Isa. Alkhalifa hate gang decided today to revoke the citizenship of ten more natives. On Thursday 23rd March Alkhalifa court sentenced three people to death and 14 others to lengthy prison terms on unfounded allegations that they established a terrorist cell with the intent of killing policemen. The three are: Maithan Omran Hussain Omran, Abdul Mohsin Sabah Mohammad and his brother Mohammad Ali. The first two are at large. It also sentenced four others to life in prison in the same case. Eight more defendants in the case were handed 15-year sentences and two were sentenced to 10 years. The group was charged on the basis of confessions extracted under extreme forms of torture.
Agence France-Presse reported that a former photographer for the news agency was released in Bahrain after being held for more than 24 hours. AFP said Mohammed al-Shaikh is not facing charges, but that he was being held for his work for the news agency. It says the government declined to renew his press credentials in August. Al-Shaikh was taken into custody at Bahrain International Airport on 22nd March, following a trip abroad. His passport has been confiscated. Another native, Khalil Al Halwachi has been sentenced to 10 years imprisonment for opposing Alkhalifa tribal rule. He has been behind years for 4 years.
Bahrain Freedom Movement
29th March 2017 (firstname.lastname@example.org, www.vob.org)